The first step is establishing your new Precious Metals IRA account. Your dedicated Account team member will walk you through the simple application. It's only a few pages long and takes about 10 minutes to complete. We will help you send that back to our offices via fax, email, or mail. Upon receipt, we will process the application and have your new IRA account completely set up within 24 hours! Lear Capital will then immediately reach out to your current IRA custodian to arrange for the tax-free rollover of your retirement monies. Transferring the funds may take up to 5 business days, depending on your current IRA custodian. The funds are transferred usually via bank wire, and once they have been deposited into your Precious Metals IRA account, you are ready to get invested!
- In a Precious Metals IRA, do I actually own the physical metals or do I just get certificates?
- Where are my metals stored?
- Are my metals safe at the depository? What if something happens to them (theft, damage)?
- How do I move money from another retirement account into a Precious Metals IRA?
- If I transfer money from my IRA into a Precious Metals IRA, are there any taxes or penalties?
- Is the paperwork complicated?
- I have many different investment accounts in my portfolio. Which ones can I rollover into a Precious Metals IRA?
- How long does this process take?
- What does it cost to set up and maintain a Precious Metals IRA?
- How can I track my portfolio's performance?
- What happens when I want to take a distribution or process my annual Required Minimum Distribution (RMD)?
- Can I make contributions to this account like I normally would with my current Traditional IRA?
- Why can't I hold metals in my current IRA?
The statements made on this website are opinions and past performance is no indication of future performance or returns. Precious metals, like all investments, carry risk. Precious metals and coins may appreciate, depreciate, or stay the same depending on a variety of factors. Lear Capital, Inc. cannot guarantee, and makes no representation, that any metals purchased will appreciate at all or appreciate sufficiently to make customers a profit. The decision to purchase or sell precious metals, and which precious metals to purchase or sell, are the customer’s decision alone, and purchases and sales should be made subject to the customer’s own research, prudence and judgment.