LAST UPDATED: November 24, 2021
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number ("personal information");
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as non-personal demographic information;
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and/or other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, making a purchase, subscribing to our emails or text messages, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Information provided to us through social networks or third-party platforms when you, for example, engage with our social media content, or communicate with us via social media (such as your name, e-mail, profile picture, likes, location, friend list, photos or other information described by the applicable social network or platform).
Usage Details, IP Addresses and Cookies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, or our advertising or applications on third-party websites and services, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
- The information we collect automatically is statistical data, and does not alone identify any individual. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. We may place tags on our webpages called “web beacons.” These are computer instructions that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies.
Third Party Web Analytics Services
You may deactivate the ability of Google Analytics to analyze your browsing activities on this Website. To disable Google Analytics, please download the browser add-on provided by Google. To learn more about privacy and Google Analytics please consult the Google Analytics overview provided by Google.
We may also use third-party platforms and technology, including platforms operated by social networks, such as Google and Facebook to show you interest-based ads. These companies have specific Interest-Based Ads programs that match people that have shown interest in Lear Capital through our websites, stores or other services with users on their platforms and properties. If we participate in these programs, we convert your personal information (which may include name, email address or telephone number) or other information into a unique value which can be matched by those third parties with a user on their platform or with other data they may have collected from you. This matching allows us to deliver interest-based ads to users of these platforms. To opt-out of these ads, you must change your advertising preferences for those third-party platforms. You can manage your preferences for these advertising programs by clicking on the following relevant links: for Facebook click here, for Google click here. These platforms may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To manage your account.
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request.
- To process your transaction.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- For online promotions and interactive user content.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To tailor ads displayed to you based on your interests and history with us.
- Respond to your inquiries.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Lear Capital’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Lear Capital is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Lear Capital, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address, cell phone number or other contact information used by the Company to promote our own or our third-party partner’s products or services, you can opt-out by texting STOP in response to a text/SMS or sending us an e-mail stating your request to CustomerSupport@learcapital.com. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you can tell us not to send you promotional e-mail by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the emails you receive from us. If you no longer wish to receive text messages, you can text STOP to the five digit short code for the text messaging program from which you no longer wish to receive messages (i.e., the five digit number from which the text messages are being sent).
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. To learn more about advertising networks and to opt out of interest-based advertising, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance or the Network Advertising Initiative.
Reviewing, Updating and Modifying Personal Information
Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request access to and receive details about the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information, and have the information blocked or deleted, as appropriate. The right to access personal information may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. You may request to review, change or delete your personal information by sending an email to CustomerSupport@learcapital.com.
California Do Not Track Disclosures
How do we respond to Web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services?
We currently do not respond to DNT signals in browsers because we do not track individual users across the web.
May other parties collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different websites when they visit www.LearCapital.com?
Notice to California Residents
Please see additional Privacy Disclosures required under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
Notice to Vermont Residents
In response to Vermont regulations, we automatically treat accounts with Vermont billing addresses as if you requested that we not share your information with nonaffiliated third parties, and that we limit the information we share with our affiliates. If we disclose information about you to nonaffiliated third parties with whom we have joint marketing agreements, we will only disclose your name, address, other contact information, and information about our transaction and experiences with you.
Notice to Users Outside of the United States
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
We use many different measures to help protect information transmitted over or stored on our systems. For example, your Personal Information is contained behind secured networks, and is encrypted when transmitted to us via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, to try and keep the information secure. We regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
Children Under 18
Our Website is not intended to be used by children under 18 years old. You represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age. If you are under age 18, you may not use the Website or services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from, or target our Website or services to children under the age 18. We understand that there may be exceptions to this rule including, but not limited to children who are emancipated. If we discover that the Website is being used inappropriately, we will take steps, if possible, to disable access so that the individual may no longer access our Website.
If you have any questions about your personal information or this policy, please contact us by email at CustomerSupport@learcapital.com or by using the contact details below:
The statements made on this website are opinions only. Past results are no guarantee of future performance or returns. Precious metals, like all investments, carry risk. Precious metals and coins may appreciate, depreciate, or stay the same depending on a variety of factors. Lear Capital, Inc. cannot guarantee, and makes no representation, that any metals purchased will appreciate at all or appreciate sufficiently to make customers a profit. Lear is a retail seller of precious metals and its buyback (or bid) prices are lower than its sell (or ask) prices. Metals must appreciate enough to account for this difference in order for customer to make a profit when liquidating the metals. Lear does not provide financial advice or retirement planning services. The decision to purchase or sell precious metals, and which precious metals to purchase or sell, are the customer’s decision alone, and purchases and sales should be made subject to the customer’s own research, prudence and judgment.