There is only one annual payment of $160 for a Precious Metals IRA. This includes the payment for storage, the cost of insurance to protect your metals, quarterly financial statements, and 24/7 access to view your account online. Compare this to the often expensive and complicated fee structure of many traditional IRAs and 401ks. Consider this: AARP recently conducted a survey on 401k participants' awareness of the features of their retirement plans. They found that 65% of participants thought they paid no fees at all, and only 17% stated that they do pay fees; 18% stated that they just don't know. It's no wonder! 401ks usually charge plan administration fees, individual service fees, and investment fees — a fact many people do not understand. Don't think you're necessarily safe with an IRA either! According to Mercer Bullard, a law professor at the University Of Mississippi School Of Law, “IRAs, where 401k assets unfortunately end up, have as high if not even higher fees on average.” One of the beauties of the self-directed Precious Metals IRA is a simple, transparent fee schedule that allows you to be in complete control of your assets against harmful hidden costs.
- How does the process work?
- In a Precious Metals IRA, do I actually own the physical metals or do I just get certificates?
- Where are my metals stored?
- Are my metals safe at the depository? What if something happens to them (theft, damage)?
- How do I move money from another retirement account into a Precious Metals IRA?
- If I transfer money from my IRA into a Precious Metals IRA, are there any taxes or penalties?
- Is the paperwork complicated?
- I have many different investment accounts in my portfolio. Which ones can I rollover into a Precious Metals IRA?
- How long does this process take?
- How can I track my portfolio's performance?
- What happens when I want to take a distribution or process my annual Required Minimum Distribution (RMD)?
- Can I make contributions to this account like I normally would with my current Traditional IRA?
- Why can't I hold metals in my current IRA?
The statements made on this website are opinions and past performance is no indication of future performance or returns. Precious metals, like all investments, carry risk. Precious metals and coins may appreciate, depreciate, or stay the same depending on a variety of factors. Lear Capital, Inc. cannot guarantee, and makes no representation, that any metals purchased will appreciate at all or appreciate sufficiently to make customers a profit. The decision to purchase or sell precious metals, and which precious metals to purchase or sell, are the customer’s decision alone, and purchases and sales should be made subject to the customer’s own research, prudence and judgment.