It's simple! First, you let your Lear IRA team member know whether or not you want the physical metals shipped straight to your front door, or if you'd like to receive cash instead. We can arrange for the metals to be securely shipped from the Brink's depository, or we can help you liquidate your metals in exchange for cash. Once liquidated, the distribution can be wired into your desired bank account or mailed to you via check. The choice is yours. It takes only 1 business day to process your distribution and the funds will be sent out immediately!
- How does the process work?
- In a Precious Metals IRA, do I actually own the physical metals or do I just get certificates?
- Where are my metals stored?
- Are my metals safe at the depository? What if something happens to them (theft, damage)?
- How do I move money from another retirement account into a Precious Metals IRA?
- If I transfer money from my IRA into a Precious Metals IRA, are there any taxes or penalties?
- Is the paperwork complicated?
- I have many different investment accounts in my portfolio. Which ones can I rollover into a Precious Metals IRA?
- How long does this process take?
- What does it cost to set up and maintain a Precious Metals IRA?
- How can I track my portfolio's performance?
- Can I make contributions to this account like I normally would with my current Traditional IRA?
- Why can't I hold metals in my current IRA?
The statements made on this website are opinions and past performance is no indication of future performance or returns. Precious metals, like all investments, carry risk. Precious metals and coins may appreciate, depreciate, or stay the same depending on a variety of factors. Lear Capital, Inc. cannot guarantee, and makes no representation, that any metals purchased will appreciate at all or appreciate sufficiently to make customers a profit. The decision to purchase or sell precious metals, and which precious metals to purchase or sell, are the customer’s decision alone, and purchases and sales should be made subject to the customer’s own research, prudence and judgment.