Opening or rolling over into Precious Metals IRA is a very easy process, thanks to the assistance provided by your IRA team member. We will assist you with filling out a simple IRA application to open your Precious Metals IRA account. You only need to provide your basic contact information and the contact information for one other beneficiary you'd like to list on your account. We accept forms via mail, fax, or email—whichever is easiest for you. In addition, we also use DocuSign to capture electronic signatures making the application process even easier; this means that you don't have to print anything out. Lear's IRA Department has successfully processed over $1 Billion of IRA transactions and you can rest assured your IRA team member will assist you step-by-step through the entire process.
- How does the process work?
- In a Precious Metals IRA, do I actually own the physical metals or do I just get certificates?
- Where are my metals stored?
- Are my metals safe at the depository? What if something happens to them (theft, damage)?
- How do I move money from another retirement account into a Precious Metals IRA?
- If I transfer money from my IRA into a Precious Metals IRA, are there any taxes or penalties?
- I have many different investment accounts in my portfolio. Which ones can I rollover into a Precious Metals IRA?
- How long does this process take?
- What does it cost to set up and maintain a Precious Metals IRA?
- How can I track my portfolio's performance?
- What happens when I want to take a distribution or process my annual Required Minimum Distribution (RMD)?
- Can I make contributions to this account like I normally would with my current Traditional IRA?
- Why can't I hold metals in my current IRA?
The statements made on this website are opinions and past performance is no indication of future performance or returns. Precious metals, like all investments, carry risk. Precious metals and coins may appreciate, depreciate, or stay the same depending on a variety of factors. Lear Capital, Inc. cannot guarantee, and makes no representation, that any metals purchased will appreciate at all or appreciate sufficiently to make customers a profit. The decision to purchase or sell precious metals, and which precious metals to purchase or sell, are the customer’s decision alone, and purchases and sales should be made subject to the customer’s own research, prudence and judgment.