Gold IRA Info Center by Lear Capital
Why should you consider holding physical gold in an Individual Retirement Account? Because, your retirement is at stake, and there is perhaps nothing more sacred to the working American man and woman. These are troubled times, financially and beyond, and gold has historically been the ultimate hedge against economic volatility and crisis. IRA accounts are traditionally dependent upon a select group of stocks, bond and/or mutual funds which are inextricably linked to the economy – in good times and in bad. Therefore, when the economy suffers, the value of many IRA accounts also begins to plunge. Gold on the other hand has outperformed the Dow by over 300% over the past decade which begs the question ... why wouldn't you protect a portion of your retirement and secure your accumulated savings with intrinsic value of physical gold or silver? Your livelihood may depend on it.
For centuries, investors and collectors have owned physical gold for a variety of reasons. The many benefits of gold include:
- Diversification - We can't stress this enough: diversification is crucial to every person's portfolio, especially when it comes to retirement savings. Silver and gold IRAs allow you to hold assets that are rarely found in employer-sponsored 401(k)s and conventional IRAs.
- Tax benefits - Precious Metals IRA comes with the same tax benefits as a conventional IRA. The biggest difference is that you can maintain those tax benefits while experiencing all the other benefits of purchasing precious metals.
- Growth Potential -Aside from the security, many people purchase gold and silver specifically for their growth potential, which isn't affected by the same forces as those in the stock market. As finite resources, gold and silver have inherent value and an ever-increasing global demand.
- Protection against the volatile stock market - When the stock market tumbles, retirement accounts can suffer greatly. If it happens to you right before retirement, you could be forced to continue working for many years to come. Diversifying your portfolio with precious metals helps protect your retirement money by shielding it from the volatility associated with stocks and other paper assets.
- Safeguard against the declining dollar - Many people who buy gold and silver do so as a hedge against inflation and the declining U.S. dollar. As the dollar loses value, Americans essentially lose wealth and purchasing power. If the value continues to shrink, paper-heavy portfolios could be worth a lot less in retirement. On the other hand, the value of precious metals, like gold, tends to increase as the dollar drops. By placing precious metals in an IRA, you can thus preserve your buying power and safeguard your money from the effects of inflation.
How to Start Your New Precious Metals IRA
The financial professionals to at Lear Capital have been helping loyal customers protect their savings with physical gold and other precious metals for more than a decade. Since gold historically moves counter to the direction of stocks, bonds and mutual funds, a Lear Capital Gold IRA can help reduce the volatility and risk of your retirement portfolio. Appealing to many, a Gold IRA backs your savings with a solid asset. It helps preserve your wealth and protect your IRA dollars by adding the store of value of tangible metals to your retirement holdings. At Lear Capital, we have conveniently streamlined the Gold IRA process into 3 Easy Steps!
Open a New Precious Metals IRA in 3 Easy Steps!
Questions? Call Us: 1-800-576-9355
Step One: Complete our simple online form to begin taking the next steps to your financial success - Gold IRA Account Form
Step Two: Decide on the amount you want for your opening investment in gold and precious metals with Lear Capital
Step Three: Open your new account and fund your account with the knowledgeable and professional team at Lear Capital
A Gold Individual Retirement Account is also called a self-directed IRA. What this actually means is simple; you now can control your investment decisions with respect to your account. Self-Directed Gold IRAs allow you to take a more active role in determining your asset mix and give you the ability to expand your retirement account holdings beyond traditional stocks, bonds and municipal funds. So, instead of being locked into a set asset group chosen by a fund custodian, you can easily make changes to your account giving you more control over gains, losses and your degree of risk. A Lear Capital Gold IRA enables you to hold all or a portion of your retirement dollars in gold to diversify your traditional IRA holdings so your portfolio is less vulnerable to market fluctuations and the ebb and flow of the current global economy. Our client's love the flexibility and convenience of having a gold Individual Retirement Account.
Any portion of an existing IRA Account can be either transferred or rolled into a Lear Capital Gold, Silver or other precious metals retirement account. Our award winning staff can educate you on how to secure a future of financial freedom, benefiting you and your family.
Our self-directed IRA custodian partners are not only able to help set up new IRAs, but can also help you with a 401(k) rollover or transfer of existing assets. Make sure to be very careful when performing an IRA transfer, as if these transactions are not performed properly they can actually trigger a major tax event on your savings. Our IRA custodians are more than happy to help you with a transfer or rollover in the seamless and correct manner.
You can transfer an existing IRA into a precious metals IRA at any time as long as the assets go "from custodian to custodian." In a direct transfer, the money flows directly from one IRA custodian to another. This means the distribution check from the old IRA custodian must be made out in the name of the trustee or custodian of the new IRA account that receives the funds. Transfers may be made as often as you like, and Lear has organized hundreds of these types of transfers for our customers.
Most precious metals' retirement plans at Lear Capital begin with a rollover. The current law allows for both transfers from IRAs as well as rollovers from qualified retirement plans, such as 401(k), 401(a), 403(b), 457, Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) and annuities. The team at Lear Capital has a great deal of experience with this process and can educate you on what you need to know. Typically, precious metals IRAs are most economical when their value is higher, and that is where a rollover makes a great deal of sense. Someone just starting an IRA, even with maximum yearly contributions, would often need a few years to accumulate a large enough account to make it cost effective.
A rollover occurs when "you" receive the distribution from your existing IRA account and then turn around and deposit it into another IRA custodial account. In this case you would need to re-deposit the funds into the new IRA account within 60 days. If the 60 day time period is exceeded, you would be liable for taxes and penalties on the money withdrawn. You may roll over the same money only once every 12 months to preserve the tax-deferred status of your retirement savings.
Lear Capital can help with a Gold IRA rollover or transfer! Diversifying a traditional IRA account with gold and precious metals is critical in today's economy. Financial experts recommend that 10% to 15% of your portfolio be allocated to gold and precious metals!
If you have an existing IRA account, we'll help you transfer or roll it into gold, silver, or platinum. If you don't have an IRA our reps will walk you through how to set up a Gold Self-Directed IRA! Give us a call to discuss your current IRA status and explore your individual retirement needs. A Lear Representative is standing by to assist you at 1-800-576-9355 or simply complete our IRA Account Form.
The statements made on this website are opinions and past performance is no indication of future performance or returns. Precious metals, like all investments, carry risk. Precious metals and coins may appreciate, depreciate, or stay the same depending on a variety of factors. Lear Capital, Inc. cannot guarantee, and makes no representation, that any metals purchased will appreciate at all or appreciate sufficiently to make customers a profit. The decision to purchase or sell precious metals, and which precious metals to purchase or sell, are the customer’s decision alone, and purchases and sales should be made subject to the customer’s own research, prudence and judgment.